INDIAN SCULPTORKanta Kishore Moharana
Kanta Kishore Moharana was born on June 30, 1980 in a traditional carver family near Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India. His father and elder brothers are professional artistic carpenters for their livelihood. From his childhood Kanta Kishore has played with carving tools, wood and other materials. He has played with many different mediums to create different sculptures. He has got a bachelor’s degree in Fine Art from B.K. College of Art and Crafts and studied master’s Degree at Govt. College of Art and Crafts Kolkata. At his time at Kolkata, he has experimented with different local mediums with his own concepts and got appreciated among all his contemporary sculptors.
Kanta Kishore is fascinated towards social issues, human daily life related problems, like urbanization and globalization. Artist realizes this society problems and difficulties, being himself an integral component of its basis, being himself a human being, not a glorifying hero.
Examples of sculptural presentations of Kanta Kishore Moharana are women violence, labor rally, child labor, starvation, unemployment, and terrorist activities in India.
If you see his conceptual works on Newspaper series, everybody just fall in love at first sight. He is genius in carving marbles – produces some wonderful pieces. He is working on books, carving white marbles and adding some metal on it. In medium marble, Kanta Kishore has started with Newspaper series and then got some installations on Labor rally, by installing carved marble chapels at Tina Ambani’s Harmony Show 2007. He expressed his concern on this social issue.
Kanta Kishore has got experiences with many different materials like wood, granite, fiber and bronze. His work gives situational thoughts. One of his Newspaper series show child labor. It´s just like reminding you every day about these social issues and it will eradicate only if society will come up.
Art lovers and critics got surprised at New Delhi at India Habitat Centre, where they could have seen Kanta’s work art. Everybody asked many questions about how many days it has taken and how much patience he has put into these marvelous pieces of art.
His work „Golden Chili“ was the centre of attraction at Ashok Art Gallery’s stall in Art Expo India 2008 Mumbai.
- 2019 – 1st International Sculpture symposium, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
- 2019 – National painting & sculpture symposium at Delhi, India
- 2019 – International Metal Sculpture symposium, BERHMPUR, India
- 2010 – Fine Art Gallery, Bratislava, Slovakia
- 2014 – Radhika Art Initiative, Lado Sarai, New Delhi, India
- 2016 – Tao art gallery, India
- 2016 – Solo exhibition, Armenia
- 2017 – Naregachhi Art Gallery, Armenia
- 2018 – Vernissage art
- 1999 – 2005 – S.C.Z.C.C., Nagpur, India
- 2000 – 2001 – Baripada State Art Exhibition, India
- 2000 – Indian Red Cross Society
- 2000 – Annual Art Exhibition, B.K. College of Art & Crafts, Bhubaneswar, India
- 2004 – Annual Art Exhibition, Govt. College of Art & Crafts, Kolkata, India
- 2004 – Oriental Art Society, Kolkata, India
- 2004 – Birla Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata, India
- 2005 – Art Exhibition Rastriya Lalit Kala Kendra, Bhubaneswar, India
- 2005 – Rastriya Lalit Kala Kendra
- 2007 – Gallery 88, Mumbai, India
- 2007 – Ashok Art Gallery, New Delhi, India
- 2007 – International Art Exhibition, National Hispanic University, California, USA
- 2007 – International Art Exhibition, Ashok Art Gallery v Habitat Centre, Delhi, India
- 2007 – Harmony Art Exhibition, Mumbai, India
- 2008 – Annual Art Exhibition, Orissa Lalit Kala Academy, India
- 2008 – „Time and Material“, Gallery Art Consult, Delhi, India
- 2008 – International Art Exhibition, Orissa, Modern Art Gallery, Bhubaneswar, India
- 2008 – Art Summit, Delhi, India
- 2008 – 2009 – Art Expo, Mumbai, India
- 2009 – 2010 – „Chitra Stutee“, Utkal University of Culture, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
- 2009 – Group exhibition in BMB Art Gallery Mumbai, India
- 2010 – Gallery Espace, New Delhi, India
- 2011 – “Miniscule Marvel” at contemplate art gallery, India
- 2012 – ARTisti&Co, Bratislava, Slovak republic
- 2012 – Studio Art Gallery, New Delhi, India
- 2012 – BMW Art exhibition, New Delhi, India
- 2012 – „Together“, Jaydev Bhabana, India
- 2012 – „Together“, Rastriya Lalit kala Academy, India
- 2012 – National art exhibition, Gallery contemplata, Coimbatore
- 2013 – ARTisti&Co, Prague, Czech republic
- 2013 – International art festival Ostraka, Egypt
- 2014 – ARTisti&Co, Vienna, Austria
- 2014 – International sculpture symposium, Shushi, Armenia
- 2014 – Barbe community art project
- 2015 – 2016 – „Nabakalebar“, Akademie Lalit Kala, India
- 2017-2018 – Vernissage art gallery, New Delhi, India
- 2018 – Orchard Gallery, Ostrava, Czech republic
- 2018 – International art exhibition, Minia university, Egypt
- 2019 – Orchard Gallery, Ostrava, Czech republic